Bath Guitar School is committed to your guitar learning success. To ensure that you succeed we know that consistency of lessons and practice is critical. You will need to attend lessons every week and practice every day. Our policies are designed to keep you focussed and on track to achieve success.
Please read carefully the following information with regards to lessons, booking and payment.
- Missed lessons: We ask that you attend lessons each and every week at your chosen day and time. This will ensure that your learning is consistent and we can do everything we can to help you achieve your goals.
- Cancellations: Please give 48 hours notice when cancelling a guitar lesson. Any lesson cancelled within 24 hours will be charged in full. No exceptions. If sufficient notice is provided the lesson will be rescheduled at the earliest possible date. No charge will be made if the cancelled lesson is rescheduled. If cancellations become persistent the student will forfeit their chosen lesson slot.
- Holidays: We offer lessons all year round; Jan-Dec, including during the school holidays and half-term (unless instructed otherwise). If you choose not to attend lessons during the school holiday period please let us know in advance.
- Lessons on hold: If you wish to put your lessons on hold please do so within a 14-day notice period. Your chosen lesson slot will not be held unless you pay a retainer fee in advance.
- Termination agreement: Once regular lessons have been established a minimum of four weeks notice is required if you wish to stop taking guitar lessons. Please give advance notice either in person, by telephone call or via email (discontinuation of lessons by text or Facebook message is not acceptable).
- Payment options: Lessons are payable in cash, cheque or direct transfer (BACS – please use students name as reference). Payment must be in advance and be paid in either weekly, monthly or termly instalments. All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Unpaid fees: It is the responsibility of the student/parent to keep up to date with lesson fees. Fees should be paid in advance of the lesson. Bath Guitar School reserves the right to refuse future lessons until fees are paid.
- Lesson fee increases: We review our lesson prices bi-annually. You will be notified of any fee increase at the end of the term.
- Practice policy: Without regular practice you are unlikely to make any progress and will ultimately give up. To avoid this we require students to practice at least five times a week for a minimum of 10mins at a time.
- Guitar requirements: You will need to bring your own guitar to your lessons. Please ensure it is in tune upon arrival.
- Accompanying adult: Parents are welcome to sit in lessons with any student under the age of 13 years.