The Bath Guitar School
01. Amazing Opportunities
We offer our students amazing performance opportunities and band workshops as well as annual Christmas busks to raise month for local charities.
02. Get Qualified
Students can choose to study the accredited Rockschool or Trinity grade syllabus and achieve certification of their playing. Study electric, acoustic or music theory grades (Debut to Grade 8).
03. Effective Programmes
Our teaching programmes offer fantastic one-to-one tuition that are supported with extra-curricular group band workshops and live performances.
04. Awards and Certificates
We reward our students with certificates of achievement for their hard work and effort. Each year a lucky student is awarded the coveted Student of the Year!
05. Musical Instruments
Although we encourage students to bring their own guitars to lessons, if it’s too much trouble we have a great selection of guitars for you to play!
06. Affordable Price
Our lesson prices are inline with the Musicians Union recommended rates and are highly competitive. A 30-minute lesson costs £17.50 (1-hour £35).
Bath Guitar School
Bath Guitar School is Bath’s only dedicated rock and pop guitar school specialising in one-to-one guitar tuition in either electric or acoustic guitar, in person or via Skype or Zoom.
Every lesson is tailored to suit each students individual taste and ability; offering a fresh and innovative approach to learning the guitar.
We offer tuition at all levels; from complete beginner through to advanced, in all styles and welcome students of all ages. Our guitar lessons are customised to suit you, covering the music you want to learn.
Students can choose to study the accredited Rockschool or Trinity grade syllabus and achieve certification of their playing.
Please take a moment to read through our advice below. Here you will find how best to make an enquiry about guitar lessons, our lesson availability; so you know when our guitar lessons are available, and what you will need to bring to your lessons.
Lesson Prices (2023-24 Rates)
Our lesson prices are inline with the Musicians Union recommended rates.
- Guitar lessons are priced at £17.50 per 30 minute lesson (£35 per hour).
- Songwriting & Recording lessons are priced at £20 per 30 minute lesson (£40 per hour).
- Joint guitar lessons are priced at £25 per 30 minute lesson (£45 per hour).
- Band workshops are priced at £30 per 2 hour session.
- Acoustic Club Sessions are priced at £30 per session (2 hours).
- Discount is available for university and college students. Valid student ID is required.
If you are looking to book a guitar lesson on a specific day and time that suits you best please request the lesson space when you contact us.
Monday – 10am-8pm
Tuesday – 10am-8pm
Wednesday – 10am-8pm
Thursday – 10am-8pm
Friday – 10am-8pm
Saturday – 10am-3pm
Sunday – Closed
Please note: we experience high numbers of new guitar students at the beginning of school terms: September (Autumn term), January (Winter term), April/May (Summer term).
You Will Need
When you begin guitar lessons we recommend that you bring the following:
- Guitar (electric or acoustic)
Please note: Guitars are available for use during lessons but not for hire.
You may also like to think about bringing these items, too:
- Previous learning materials – books, lesson notes, etc.
- CD or iPod with the songs you want to learn; send YouTube or Spotify playlist links via email.
- Tuner, strap, capo or slide (if required)
- Grade books or study guides (if necessary)
Bath Guitar School can provide the following equipment:
- Guitar cables
- Guitar effects pedals
- Music stands
- Metronome and drum machine
- Backing jam tracks
- Teaching materials and printed handouts
Tea and coffee refreshments are also available free of charge to students.