The Acoustic Apprentice course is an introductory programme that will focus on developing your playing skills as an individual with opportunities to play as part of a group if you so choose. You will learn a variety of basic playing skills and techniques that will address key areas of the guitar and provide you with a solid base upon which to build in the future.
During this course you will learn:
- The Basics: tuning your guitar, know your instrument, body posture and finger placement, holding a plectrum, and developing an effective practice schedule.
- Warm Up Exercises
- Finger Work-Out
- Learning the notes on the fretboard
- How to Read TAB and Chord Boxes
- The Essential Open Chords
- Common Chord Changes
- Simple Rhythm Strumming Patterns
- Tapping Your Foot and Keeping Time
- Fundamental Scales (Major, Minor, Pentatonic)
- The Twelve-Bar Blues (I-IV-V Progression)
- Shuffle and Swing Rhythms
- Palm Muting
- Simple Finger Picking Patterns (PIMA Technique)
- How To Use A Capo
- Basic Music Theory
- How to put it all together and make music!
This course is suitable for both acoustic and electric guitar players.
Choose Your Song
As part of this introductory programme a selection of early stage songs will be taught to enable you to get to grips with your instrument. If a song is not featured on the list below and you would like to nominate a song of your choice please let us know and they will accommodate your request.
Here is a list of the most popular early stage songs ideal for beginners:
- Blowin’ In The Wind – Bob Dylan
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Before You Accuse Me – Eric Clapton
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Mr Tambourine Man – The Byrds
- Mr Jones – Counting Crows
- No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- Redemption Song – Bob Marley
- Save Tonight – Eagle Eye Cherry
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- Wanted Dead or Alive – Bon Jovi
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- Working Class Hero – John Lennon
- Zombie – The Cranberries
Or choose any song you like – request your song!
SIGN ME UP!
This is a weekly one-on-one lesson course and is suitable for a beginner level student or an intermediate player who would like to recap the basics before taking that step to the next level.
This course is available in the following formats:
- Weekly (£16.50)
- 4-weeks (Monthly; £66)
- 6-weeks (Termly; £99)
- 10-weeks (Full course; £132)
Each lesson lasts for 30-minutes. Longer lessons are available on request.
Please contact us if you would like to sign up to our Acoustic Apprentice course.