Our Blues Breaker programme is designed to make you a better blues guitarist and you raise your playing to the next level, giving you the practical knowledge to accomplish blues licks and tricks that will change the way you play forever!
During this course you will learn:
- The five positions of the minor pentatonic scale
- Improve your picking skills using chromatic and pentatonic exercises
- Play longer licks and join the scale box shapes together
- The five positions of the major pentatonic scale
- The blues scale – adding the b5 blue note
- Learn to blend your blues scales with the minor and major pentatonic scale
- Get more out of your scales and licks playing over a twelve-bar blues
- Master great phrasing with just two notes – BB King style!
- Classic intros, outros and turnarounds
- Blues/rock rhythm riffs
- Learn to play and sound just like a pro!
- The pentatonic scale inside and out
- The modes blues players need to know: the Dorian and Mixolydian
- Altered pentatonic scales: break out of the blues box!
- Playing over chord changes using arpeggios and target tones
- Work modern rock techniques into your blues playing
- Learn 8-bar, 10-bar and 12-bar blues sequences
- Crack those chords: major, minor and dominant extensions
- Rhythm and grooves in 12/8 and 4/4 timeStyle focus, technique and theory will also be covered in this fantastic blues course.
- Explore advanced “Drop 2” chords
- The concepts – learn the tools you will need to succeed
- Top players – learn how to do it the way they do
- Jam – learn to jam in the style of the masters
Learn to play over JamTrackCentral‘s amazing backing track collection.
Richard Perkins is an official endorsee of JTC and can show you how to get the most out of your solos while jamming along to JTC’s great jam tracks!
Choose Your Song
If you just want to learn a great blues song and enjoy jamming along to the original track we can run a programme of lessons that is devoted to learning a particular song of your choice.
Here is a list of the most popular Blues standards students request to learn:
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King
- Crossroads – Cream (Robert Johnson)
- Hide Away – Freddie King
- Boom Boom – John Lee Hooker
- Going Down – Jeff Beck (Freddie King)
- Killing Floor – Howlin’ Wolf
- Sloe Gin – Joe Bonamassa
- The Sky Is Crying – Stevie Ray Vaughan (Elmore James)
- Stormy Monday – The Allman Brothers (T-Bone Walker)
- The Thrill Is Gone – BB King (Darnell and Hawkins)
- (I’m Your) Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters (Willie Dixon)
Or choose any song you like – request your song!
SIGN ME UP!
This is a one-to-one course and is available for all levels of ability; whether you’re an absolute beginner with a keen desire to learn to play the blues, returning to the instrument as an adult learner or perhaps a player who is looking for a challenge and wants to spice up their playing with some new licks and tricks.
This course is available in the following formats:
- Weekly (£16.50)
- 4-weeks (Monthly; £66)
- 6-weeks (Termly; £99)
- 10-weeks (Full course; £165)
Each lesson lasts 30-minutes. Longer lessons are available on request.
Please contact us if you would like to sign up to our Blues Breaker course.