Do you want to become a better blues guitarist and raise your playing to the next level? Our Blues Breaker courses will do just that; giving you the blues licks and tricks to change the way you play forever!
Topics covered will include:
- The five positions of the minor pentatonic scale
- Improve your picking skills using chromatic and pentatonic exercises
- Play longer licks and join those scale shapes together
- The five positions of the major pentatonic scale
- The blues scale – adding the blue note
- Learn to blend your blues scales with the minor and major pentatonic scale
- Get more out of your scales and licks over a 12 bar blues
- Master great phrasing with just two notes – BB King style!
- Blues/rock rhythm riffs
- Learn to play and sound just like a pro!
- The pentatonic scale inside and out
- The modes blues players need to know: the Dorian and the Mixolydian
- Altered pentatonic scales: break out of the blues box!
- Playing over chord changes using arpeggios
- Work modern rock techniques into your blues playing
- Crack those chords: maj/min/dom extensions
- Rhythm and grooves in 12/8 and 4/4 time
Style focus, technique and theory will also be covered on this fantastic blues course.
- The concepts – learn the tools you will need new succeed
- Top players – learn how to do it the way they do it
- Jam – learn to jam in the style of the masters
Learn to play over JamTrackCentral‘s amazing backing track collection. Richard Perkins is an official endorsee of JTC and can show you how to get the most out of your solos while jamming along to these great jam tracks!
Choose Your Song
If you just want to learn a great blues song and enjoy jamming along to the orginal track we will run a programme of lessons that can be devoted to learning a particular song of your choice.
Here is a list of the most popular Blues standards students request to learn:
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King
- Crossroads – Cream Version (Orig. Robert Johnson)
- Everyday I Have The Blues – John Mayer (Orig. Mephis Slim)
- Going Down – Jeff Beck (Orig. Freddie King)
- Killing Floor – Howlin’ Wolf
- Reconsider Baby – Joe Bonamassa
- The Sky Is Crying – Stevie Ray Vaughan (Orig. Elmore James)
- Stormy Monday – The Allman Brothers (Orig. T-Bone Walker)
- The Thrill Is Gone – BB King (Orig. Darnell and Hawkins)
- You Shook Me – Led Zeppelin (Orig. Muddy Waters)
Or choose any song you like. Just request the song to your tutor!
This course is a one-on-one course and is available for all levels of ability; whether you’re an absolute beginner with a desire to learn to play the blues, returning to the instrument as an adult learner or perhaps a player who is looking for a challenge and wants to spice up their playing with some new licks and tricks.
This course is available in the following formats:
- 4-weeks (£64)
- 6-weeks (£96)
- 8-weeks (£128)
Each lesson lasts 30-minutes. Longer lessons are available on request.
Please contact us if you would like to sign up to our Blues Breaker course.